Friday, October 16, 2015

Day 1: Lead foot

Didn't sleep well. Had to wake up every 4 hours to take my pain medication. I was hungry for breakfast, so that was a good sign. I took a look at my x-rays from the surgery. Figure on the left shows the doctor trying to pop my first ray and cuneiform to the right... you can tell by the light coloration that he succeeded. In other words, this area of my foot was unstable (not really being held together). He put in a dorsal plate and horizontal screw to stabilize the joint complex. Throughout the morning I could feel my nerve block wearing off fast. A deep crushing and burning feeling flooded over my foot and ankle. To subdue the swelling, I had been icing my foot with a new ice pack every 20 mins. However, this was not sufficient and as my foot swelled inside the splint and bindings the pain worsened. I figured out after awhile how to re-position my foot to make the pain less, and that I could take additional pain medicine. Most of the day I just watched Netflix or worked on my computer. I had good company from my gf and my cat Luna.

No comments:

Post a Comment