Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Day 5-7: Last day of hookie

It has been one week since my surgery. Day by day I can feel the swelling decrease in my foot and the soreness increase. The intense pains of day 1-3 have passed. Sunday was my last 'official' day of hookie. I told myself I would really get back to working by Monday... let's see how that's is going to pan out. My mom left Monday morning along with my dog Eddy. I was bummed they left because I enjoyed their company, but I at least got to see my mom for a few days. The pain medicine has gotten me in a real funk. I swear one minute I was having hot flashes and the next I was about in tears after realizing I had watched every episode of 'Trailer Park Boys' on Netflix. I am starting to decrease my dosage even more. I think I could be off of it and just use Advil as needed by the end of the week. Focusing on work is difficult, and I am overwhelmed with the things I have needed to do that have piled up. Next week I go back to the doctor so they can take off my splint and bandages and put a hard cast on me... it will be like old times. In the mean time, I am trying to take advantage of having to stay sedentary and get work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment