Sunday, October 18, 2015

Day 4: Cats vs. Dogs

It was the stereotypical fall day. A cool crisp morning gave way to a sunny and warm afternoon with clear skies. Pretty much perfect weather. Unfortunately, I couldn't get out an take advantage of it. I told myself that if I took care of myself now I would be able to enjoy these type of days in the future. I felt better today. My nausea was less and the pain in my foot is a little more subdued. Overall, the day was good because I accomplished two major goals. First, I took a shower and second I was able to go to bathroom. The second accomplishment may be TMI, but it was a big deal since the medication I have been taking is like the Hoover damn when it comes to staying regular.

By mid-morning I didn't feel so crappy, so I got ambitious and decided to take a shower (I hadn't in 4 days). The shower bench and shower handle saved me. If I didn't have these pieces of equipment, I would have definitely not been able to take a shower safely. I felt great after washing away 4 days worth of grime and food particles stuck in various places. That morning before my shower was another watershed moment. My mom got me Miralax. I won't go into detail, but this is what led to my second accomplishment later that day. A tip for anyone who has to ever take pain meds... start taking something to keep you regular at the very beginning. For lunch, me and my mom ate out in my backyard. It was great to get outside for awhile and have the sun shining on me... really boosts morale. Finished watching another season of 'Great American food truck race'. The show cracks me up. There is a certain recipe (no pun intended) to these reality food shows, and I almost got the formula down. Eddy and Luna were going at it again. They fought under my bed for 30 seconds, and Luna came out as the victor. Eddy wouldn't even come out from under the bed for 10 minutes because he was scared. Luna was pissed and went up to her perch. She looked like a gargoyle/the Grinch.

On a different note, the swelling of my foot has decreased and I have more feeling in my toes. Still keeping my foot propped. I did bang my foot up against a wall when I was scootering to the bathroom. That hurt a lot. My mom has been kind enough to take care of me, and of course she insists on cleaning my entire house. Fortunately, she couldn't find too much to clean because I cleaned my house before my surgery. For dinner, my girlfriend came over and we all had thai. I find that the biggest things I look forward to during the day are meals. After I am done eating one meal, I immediately start thinking of what I want for my next. Hopefully, I don't end up like White Goodman at the end of the movie Dodgeball...






No comments:

Post a Comment