Friday, October 23, 2015

Day 8-10: The sun

The last three days have gone by in a blur. I literally did not leave my room except to go to the bathroom for 48 hrs at one point. After stepping outside into the sun, I felt like one of those Indian children from 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom'. Today was my first day of feeling like a real person in a week and a half. I went out this morning, with the help of my gf, and got a handicap parking pass...I'm totally legit now.

Even better, I went and read in a park by a river this evening. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but going from laying in my dark room with only my computer or TV for company to the fresh air and sun is a big deal for me. It definitely puts me in a better mood and lets me appreciate the simpler things that I would sometimes let go unnoticed. There was one point when I was at the park that I stared at the moon for 10 mins. I was mesmerized. I couldn't get past the thought that I was staring at a big hunk of rock orbiting around the Earth... and people had stood on it! I have been reading 'The Martian', so planets and space travel have been on my mind. The book is about an astronaut that gets left behind on Mars after a botched mission. The thought that people can be sent up to the moon in a small metal vessel with on-board computing power equal to or less than my flip cell phone is amazing to me. Of course, some people think the Apollo Lunar missions were all a hoax....just a giant conspiracy to cause the Soviet Union to go bankrupt (from interstellar...even doped up I still remember a few things). I was ranting about all this to my gf in the car on the way to Chipotle. She wanted me to shut-up, but I think she really enjoyed it. Two more days to my cast.

Of course I had to include some pictures of my cat. Definitely keeps me entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment